For the other showers that I’ve helped to throw, I have loved providing the guest of honor with coordinating handmade thank you note cards.  So of course, it was no exception for the bridal shower for my friend!

I designed little “Merci” tags (partly in PSE7 and partly in the Silhouette Studio software to utilize the print-and-cut feature) that coordinate with all the other “paper goods” for the shower, and I attached the tags to the front of a cream-colored card atop a knotted ribbon and half a paper doily (I love the look of white-on-cream.  It looks even better in person!).

"Merci" cards for vintage-rustic-French bridal shower gift


The design is quite simple, but that’s because I made three dozen cards!!

three dozen "Merci" cards for vintage-rustic-French bridal shower gift

My dear friend, whom I have known since we were both 2 years old (does that make her my “oldest” friend?  I don’t think that sounds very flattering ;-)) is getting married this fall!  I am honored to be one of her bridesmaids, and together with her other bridesmaids, we threw her a shower.  The other ladies did a wonderful job with the shower plans, and part of my contribution was to design the invitation and some tags and cards.  These were some of my very last projects that I completed before my baby was born!

(I LOVE this kind of digital design!!)

After we decided that the shower would have a rustic and vintage French flair, I searched on Pinterest to get an idea of what that might look like.  Here’s the 4×6 version of the invitation that I designed (I purposely have mis-dated it for blog purposes):


Based on this design, I made thank-you flags for the cupcake favors…





…as well as notecards upon which guests wrote notes of encouragement and advice to the bride and groom.  These cards will be interspersed in an album among photos from the shower.



I made a coordinating “instructions” card to be placed near the cards:


Digital supplies:
Erica Coombs “Floraux” (papers 1 and 10)
CelesteKnight “Watercolor Overlays” (#2)
Chelle’s Creations “Precious” (Lace)
Jen Allyson “Vintage Findings Halloween” (Apothecary Labels)
Eiffel_Tower_Sketch_by_potterfisk0177.jpg from DeviantArt, converted into a digital brush

Fonts: Sail, Bodoni MT, Graphis, Bergamot Ornaments

I had the pleasure to be in my brother’s wedding, and when my dad asked me to help him figure out a nice way to invite guests to the rehearsal dinner, of course I had to go all-out and make a digital invitation.  Most of the invitations were emailed, but I printed one on matte photo paper– and boy, did it look nice (if I do say so myself)!  Most of the time, I don’t get to see these things printed.


Once the invitation was made, it wasn’t hard to take it one step further and make a menu card for guests’ reference at the dinner.  The restaurant serves a huge meal family-style, and my dad wanted people to be aware of the selection of food that was coming their way!  I printed these on cardstock.




Digital kit: Tuesday Morning Extras, by One Little Bird
Fonts: Amatic, Meddon, Windsong

Wedding card

My brother got married!  Congratulations to him and his new wife– we are so very, very happy for you two!  :)

I made this card to go with their gift a while ago, but I didn’t want to post it until after the wedding.


I love how it turned out.  I went through my die cuts and pulled out anything that looked “right” for the occasion– the bridesmaids wore rich purple, so I stuck with it plus white and cream as my color scheme.  After playing with the layers for a while, I felt like I’d found a good balance.  The ampersand is subtle until you shift the card to see it against the shimmery tag.




I’m back!


July was a month full of new experiences and adventures as a family of four!

This month (August), I’ll be getting back into blogging more regularly (not sure how frequently yet, as we continue to adjust), and I thought I’d start by sharing that my pink ombre card was featured on the Paper Crafter’s Library blog in an article about the transparency trend!


I also have learned in the past couple weeks that I can’t stay away from crafting projects!  Even though my life seems extra full at the moment, I have still been sneaking in some craft time for myself– whether it is working on digital or physical projects.  These projects help keep me sane, and help me to feel like “Natalie” when my mommy role is extra strong at the moment!  I hope to be sharing some of the projects in the coming weeks.


P.S.  This is my 900th blog post!! Wow!

When we decided on the name we would give our son, of course, I started thinking about making a monogram to hang on his wall!

Monogram for our little boy!

While it is inspired in style by an alphabet illustration in THIS book, I made my own version of the letter “B.”   I’ve used foam adhesive to make the letter itself more dimensional, and it is adhered to the background paper using foam adhesive as well.

Monogram for our little boy!

Monogram for our little boy!

The monogram is hanging on our boy’s wall in a small collage of frames above his changing table.

P.S.  I will be taking a “maternity leave” from the blog for the month of July

It is with absolutely great joy that I introduce our beloved son, Becker!



He was born just after 3:30 am on June 24.  We are completely smitten with this cuddly, snuggly little gentleman– who is always hungry, and already so very curious to see the world around him!


I will be taking a “maternity leave” from the blog for the month of July, after one more post that I prepared before his birth that will auto-post tomorrow. 


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 26 other followers