Since I’m challenging myself+my husband to make new recipes out of our new cookbooks throughout the year (at least one from each book per month), I decided to do mini-review posts of the recipes we make on the blog. I will not be posting the recipe (you can get it yourself in whichever book it comes from), but I’ll post a photo (if possible) of our dish made from the recipe as well as a few bullet-point notes. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2013.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Sweet Peas and Shells Alfredo from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, pages 121-122
- when did we make this? Thursday, October 3, for supper.
- did we change anything? I used frozen peas instead of fresh. Instead of adding them to the pasta for the last 30 sec. of cooking, I just added them (frozen) to the drained pasta while I made the sauce. I also added some sauteed chicken on top to make the meal a bit more substantial.
- what did we like? Wow, this dish is DELICIOUS!! We all loved it. I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful the lemon zest tasted in the sauce!
- what didn’t we like? Nothing, really.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Yes, definitely.