I knew that August was going to be a busy month, and I tried to plan accordingly… Here’s how I did:
- Sew a lap desk for B. Done! Look for a post later in September about it!
- Sew a back-of-seat organizer for our car. After discussing this with Husband, we ended up using a divided basket that we already owned to organize activities for our long car trip to and from our vacation. It worked really well (aside from the fact that the basket itself was old and started disintegrating by the end of the return trip…), and I hope to find a replacement basket or box to fit the cloth divided insert. Even though I love making things, it was nice to have a pre-made solution on hand already!
- Sew treasure-collecting bags for the kids. This is a vague idea and might get ditched! Yes, it definitely got ditched.
- Put together travel activity books for the kids. Done! They were the fattest ever 😉 I enjoyed spending some time online finding beach-related activity and coloring sheets to include. My daughter especially loved hers– and loved that she got a fresh one for the return trip. I was so gratified to see my kids really enjoying the coloring pages and stickers.
- Do some scrapbooking. Any scrapbooking! I spent a lot of time with my photos, though, which does lead to scrapbooking in the future! And hopefully “the future” means September. However, I did squeak out time to make an actual 12″x12″ layout on August 30 (post coming later in September), so I guess I did manage to get some scrapbooking done in August! Yay!
- Exercise at least 3 times per week and continue my daily arms/abs/legs toning exercises. When we were at home, I kept up with this pretty well, and even when we were on a week-long family vacation, I managed to get out and run twice!
- Prioritize Bible study and prayer. I am very thankful for the structure of my prayer journal, and for the challenge to make “artful devotions” this summer. I have a post upcoming to show some of the illustrations I made in my Bible throughout the past few months.
Bonus projects for August:
I made more cards to send to family and friends, and I did some quick sewing for myself, too! I will have posts upcoming on the blog this month.
Lots of things are starting up — new things and things I’ve done before, so I’m really trying to rein myself back in terms of goals. Here’s what I’d like to accomplish:
- Get started on PhD ornament orders. Like you probably saw, my shop is officially open for the holiday 2016 season! Edited to add: In the first two days my shop was open, I received orders for SIX ornaments! They are my craft-time priority this month, so I’m preparing myself to not accomplish some of my other crafty goals…
- Finish a purple jersey knit shift dress that I started (and almost finished!) in August. I hope that I can get my serger to cooperate and allow me to finish the cover-stitching that’s left.
- Tidy up my craft room. Ideally I hoped to do this once quarterly, or at least twice per year, but that hasn’t quite happened. By tidy-up, I don’t just mean put my most recent project(s)’s remnants away. I mean a really deep tidying session– one in which I corral all of my unfinished projects and decide what needs to happen with them. A session in which the many random piles that are semi-organized get properly filed.
- SCRAPBOOKING! Seriously. I want to scrapbook for real this month. Get photos onto pretty paper with stories. Maybe make a photo book. But I really want to make at least one traditional layout (hope hope hope hopefully more than one).
- Exercise three times per week, along with my arms/abs/legs toning exercises. I am starting a year-long adult ballet class once per week! I am very intimidated, but so excited. I had a taste of class this summer, and it was so hard, but so great.
- Prioritize Bible study and prayer. I am excited to start a new year with Bible Study Fellowship. We’re studying John!