Recipe: Skillet Pot Pie from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 52; affiliate link)
- when did we make this? Friday, March 10, 2017 for dinner.
- did we change anything? No.
- what did we like? The recipe results in a fairly tasty, traditional chicken pot pie filling with biscuits on top.
- what didn’t we like? The recipe is fine, but the end result isn’t anything spectacular, and it used a lot of bowls to prepare. I was hoping at least for a biscuit-y crust, not just biscuits baked separately and served on top. For all of the calories that are in this recipe, I was hoping for something with a lot more flavor-power.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Probably not. I have another pot pie filling recipe that we like better, and it is fewer calories per serving than this one.