I’m catching up on our challenge from 2013 and 2014 to make at least one new recipe from some of our newer cookbooks each month. There’s a category on the blog for these posts called “recipe review 2015.”
~ ~ ~
Recipe: Cream Biscuits from The Complete America’s Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2013, (page 546)
- when did we make this? Monday, October 19, 2015 for supper (with chicken ala king).
- did we change anything? I was just shy on the amount of heavy cream, so I made up the balance (less than 1/4 cup) with whole milk.
- what did we like? The recipe is simple (in terms of ingredients as well as method). The biscuits are light, fluffy, rich, and delicious!
- what didn’t we like? It’s a bit messy to make…at least, when I made it! But it wasn’t a big deal to clean up.
- will we make it again (any changes in the future)? Absolutely. I think I might like them better than the other biscuit recipe I had been using regularly!